Near disaster!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was looking through my recycling bin for a paper I had lost when I discovered Ozzy, one of my albino clawed frogs in the bin. I almost had a heart attack I swear. I scooped her up and threw her back in her tank and resecured the top better. I have no idea how long she was out of the tank but she scared me half to death. She seems to be doing fine now, I did a pwc just in case. She had a bit of cat hair on her. :lol: How she made it from the tank, across the room and down the hall and into a closet without a cat getting her I'll never know. 8O

My clawed frog has escaped twice. both times i found her in the opposite corner of the room, dried out. both times she has recovered fully after sheading her outer skin layer/ slime.

LOL mine are so scared of the bird, I bet they ran from the frog. She seems to be just fine, little turkey. She is reacting to my hands normally and has no physical signs whatsoever.

My largest ACF has jumped out of the tank when I had the lid open for just a second. Luckily, I was there to pick her up quickly.
They can be pretty hard to hold on to in your hands. They can slip through your fingers, as they are so slimy and soft.

I had it to what I thought was secure. The little turkey managed to squeeze out of a spot by the filter intake that was 1/2" wide only. Now there is a piece of plexiglass from the edge of the tank right into the AC filter. No chance of escape now. She's doing great, like nothing happened. Go figure. I am sure happy though, I love those little guys.

My brother inherited a tank from a friend of his. They'd bagged up all the fish and packed away all the ornaments and stuff, transported it all to his flat and it wasn't until they were unpacking it all that they found a catfish hanging on to a rock. He survived miraculously. :lol: (the fish not my bro :wink: ...well, bro survived too obviously but that wasn't miraculous)

Back
Top Bottom