need a fish that like to hide in caves/rocks/logs..any ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorite cave-dwellers are knife fish. But many of them get quite large and don't work well in smaller community tanks.

Spiny eels, kuhli loaches, talking catfish....there are potentially tons one could list, but some are large and/or predatory....what sort of tank set-up do you want to put them into?

i will second that on the ghost knife. they are awsome fish to have. you can keep them in a smaller tank but they get up to 18" so you can only keep them for a while.but ya they are by far the coolest hiding fish. i have some pics in my gallery if u want to see em.

Lol, you can have my channel cat. J/K. Make sure you don't pick a fish that's going to end up like 4 feet long (like I did). They're hard to find a new home for, plus they'll eat all your fish :cry:

mr funktastic said:
i have some pics in my gallery if u want to see em.

just saw the pics
you have some beautiful tanks !!!
i see you keep many bettas ??
(i saw those breeding cages at the top of the tanks)

Toirtis said:
Consider kuhli loaches, then...they stay nice and small.

they look like snakes (shivers!!)
:? :? :?

Kuhli_loach.jpg

kuhli_gravid_eggs_1_large.jpg

lol no those are guppies in the breeding tank and i just got about 20 of them lol u want one.but ya my favourite tank is probably my hex but i took the seashells out and it looks better now. thanks for the comment though.

Toirtis said:
you can actually get them in Aus, too.

loaches are very hard to find in sydney.
I have Never seen any hillstream loaches.
and ive never seen a kuhli

the only loach i've seen is the clown loach

My peppered corys will chill in a cave, but frequently venture out and around to feed. Fav chillin spot is teh cave though

khuli loaches hide lots when I had mine you'd see it one day and then see it again in a month or so if you are lucky. Mine dissapeared for a very very long time and when I was changing the filter Wal Ah there they were.

Cory's like caves but will be active as well. My clown shark loves hiding in caves and under driftwood.

Back
Top Bottom