need a little help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pstrew

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok i wouldent say im completly new to this i some things...but anyway i have a 55g tank running a fluval 404 and a duel bio weel hang on back(more than enouph filtration) i used sand for a substrate. i have a tiger oscar 6-7in , jack dempsey 4-5in and a pleco 5-6in. the tank was established and running great than all of a sudden after a water change/vacume it clouded up and have had elivated ammonium and nitrate issues right at dangerus levels...have done at leat two water changes and still not much of a change. im at a loss at what i did to cause this and short of water changes not sure what els to do. so my ?s being what did i do wrong and were to go from here

ok...its been running for like 3 plus months now i would say i do a 25-30% water change a week...i did miss a week befor the water change that i hade the clouding...no dead fish and feeding is the same tell the issue fish arnt eating as mush form the discomfort i presume...nothing reaaly chnged just missed the one water change and here i am lol...could that hav coused all this

IT might just be the missed water change. I know I was about 4 days off on mine and hubby did the change. He seriously stirred up the gravel vacuuming and the tank was a mess, I figured it was just the missed change making extra waste and his lack of vacuuming skills mixing up the waste more than sucking it out.

I had some serious clouding for about 3 days, I did water changed of about 30-40% for 3-4 days. I honestly didn't think to test my water so can't say if I had a spike but I guess it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities if all that waste was moved around into the tank

Back
Top Bottom