Need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homer114

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I've got a 15 gallon tank I want to know if I've over stocked it I'm relatively new to fish keeping. I've had a beeta before tho he lived for two years I got my tank about a month ago the cycle has been established I've got a blue beeta male 7 tetras and 3 ghost shrimp i change a third of the water every two weeks the beeta is fine with everything in tank he's quite chilled out he made a bubble nest last week so I'm assuming he's happy if u need a picture I can put one on.

You are not overstocked. Ghost shrimp grow to about 2 inches max and your tetras should grow to no more than an inch ( not including tail ) as for your betta he will be fine in 2 litres of water so if you want to display him in a prominent part of the aquarium you can get a small display container that fixes to the inside of the aquarium with suction pads then you can really show him off

If you do decide to display your betta in a holding container make sure you do regular water changes, i have a betta in my tank and my personal choice is to give him the freedom of the tank, this may be best for your betta as you say he seems very happy, its your choice at the end of the day though, good luck and enjoy your fish !

Back
Top Bottom