Need advice about changing stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
I really liked the whole community thing I had in the 16g but after a lot of consideration I decided to make some changes. Pulled all the CPDs, which apparently bred because I did not buy 28 of them! I have a buyer picking them up on Saturday. Yesterday sold the cherry barbs and sparkling gouramis. That leaves me with 6 furcata and a 1M/2F trio of peacock gudgeons; those are the fish I want to focus on. It's a 16 bowfront running an AC70. So what kind of numbers would you suggest for filling out the groups? And what male/female ratio should I do for the peacocks?

Not sure about the Gudgeons.. pretty sure they'll colonize if left alone.. maybe 12 furcatas and leave the peacock$ for now??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Definitely going to add another 6 furcatas. Still considering adding 2 more peacocks....hate indecision :facepalm:

You could always look into some more nano rainbows ;)

Believe me, I thought about it :whistle:

Really like the yellow and blue of the furcatas and the peacocks complement them well...and maybe one or the other will breed!

Really like the yellow and blue of the furcatas and the peacocks complement them well...and maybe one or the other will breed!

Can you get your hands on p. Signifer (pacific blue eyes)? They're more common then the furcatas and p. dorsalis.

I have a pair of breeding peacocks in a 10 with a betta. They get bloodworms every morning and some leftover BBS, and they spawn like clockwork.

Give them a couple of PVC caves, 3/4" by about 3" long, and you should be set. Be sure to set the caves with one end against the glass. This way you can see when the male is on the eggs, and he only has to guard one opening.

Can you get your hands on p. Signifer (pacific blue eyes)? They're more common then the furcatas and p. dorsalis.

If lfs in my area carry dwarf rainbows they're usually furcatas or occasionally gertrudae. The site I'm ordering from has ivantsoffi in stock but I'm really hooked on the furcatas.

I have a pair of breeding peacocks in a 10 with a betta. They get bloodworms every morning and some leftover BBS, and they spawn like clockwork.

Give them a couple of PVC caves, 3/4" by about 3" long, and you should be set. Be sure to set the caves with one end against the glass. This way you can see when the male is on the eggs, and he only has to guard one opening.

That's good to know, thanks! Is it difficult to cut pvc?

That's good to know, thanks! Is it difficult to cut pvc?

Not really. I use a chop saw, but you could do it with a hand saw or something similar (Lowes and Home Depot sell a hand tool that will do it, kind of like pruning shears).

You should see how P. paskai and rams complement each other. I was going to give them their own tank, but now I'm not so sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You should see how P. paskai and rams complement each other. I was going to give them their own tank, but now I'm not so sure.

Troublemaker! So now I'm looking at the tank and thinking wow, a ram would look nice with those colors... :whistle:

Those paskai, look top notch :D

What ram you thinking of? Gold, electric blue, german, Bolivian. I think a gold would look really nice but something different like a long finned variety, they cost a bit more mullah but aesthetically it's nicer.

Those paskai, look top notch :D

What ram you thinking of? Gold, electric blue, german, Bolivian. I think a gold would look really nice but something different like a long finned variety, they cost a bit more mullah but aesthetically it's nicer.

I have a new form called sapphire, it looks like a GBR with the blue turned way up http://rs719.pbsrc.com/albums/ww194/gillie_photos/20150314_223114.jpg~320x480

I have a new form called sapphire, it looks like a GBR with the blue turned way up

Gorgeous!

Thought about an electric blue but don't rams prefer higher temps?

And then I thought about an apisto, maybe borelli...then no, back to the original plan. Definitely the furcatas and peacocks, just a decision if I want to add something else or not. If so it would have to be something that goes with the blues and yellows.

Back
Top Bottom