Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-01-2019, 07:28 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Need Advice For Female Betta Sorority Tank

Hello All,

It has been a while since Ive posted here, but I need a little bit of advice. I am a senior in college (gearing up for veterinary school), and I was doing research with female betta fish this semester. I was told I either keep the fish, or theyll get killed. Obviously, I opted to take the fish. My boyfriend went out and purchased a 30 gallon aquarium and Ive had it set up and cycling for around 7 weeks.

For reference, Ive had fish tanks my whole life and am confident in my abilities to keep the tank healthy, but Ive never done a sorority. That being said, there are 8 female betta and Im unable to have the many individual tanks. I have an API test kit and the BB have caught up and the tank is running like a machine, so Im adding the fish tomorrow. Id love some advice from the fish experts on here. The tank has plenty of coverage and hiding spots. Water temps are sitting between 76-78 degrees Fahrenheit.

Long story short, Id love some basic advice on keeps all of my ladies happy. Theyre all red (was necessary for the specific experiment we were doing) and about the same size. Theyve been in tanks next to each other so theyve seen each other, and they came from the same distributor.

Finally, I plan on adding about 8/9 corydoras once everyone is adjusted. If everything goes well (and fingers crossed it does), is there anything else I could add? This tank will be a centerpiece in my house and Id love to make it pop.

Thank you in advance.

Old 12-01-2019, 08:54 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Secondary question, would striped Kuhli loaches be suitable? If yes, could I do them as well as the corys?

Old 12-02-2019, 01:26 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I've heard adding them all at the same time works best.

Tags
advice, betta, betta sorority, female, female betta, male, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com