Need advice on newly acquired 155g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gridshadow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good day everyone!

I recently acquired a 155g tank on Sept 23, 2019 from a guy who had a short sale because he got reassigned from his job at Lockheed Martin and was leaving out of state in 2 weeks. I am just worried because this did not allow me enough time to prepare and cycle the tank as I moved it fron his house to mine. It took around 2 hours for me to move the aquarium out and re setup in my home. Im worried if the BB survived. I made sure to keep the gravel, decors, and the media in the filter moist during travel. Ambient temperature was around 74-80 degrees, inside my van was around 75. I even moved one of my Top Fin Silenstream 75g from my overfiltered 60g established tank to it to have even more BB available. I know I should keep checking water parameters, but is there anything else I can do to ensure the Cichlids dont pass away? The tank came with 2 Jack Dempseys, 2 Blood Parrots, and 1 Rainbow Shark all around 8-10 inches in size. The Filter the seller had was a Fluval Aquaclear 110g.

I doubt you killed off the BB in two hours if you kept it wet. If you are worried about it, test the water frequently and do frequent water changes.

Thanks, I really hope so coz the fish are stunning and I dont wanna screw this over. I am at work unfortunately but will definitely check parameters once I get home.

BB are way tougher than you give them credit for. You did fine and your fish will be healthy. Just keep testing your water daily until you are comfortable with knowing the water is good.

Back
Top Bottom