Need Advise on Transporting my 3 oscars (journey 11 hours)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishlover9000

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am moving from PA to Canada and need to advise on how to keep them in good shape during the journey. Any advise?

how big are they? That will determine what type of container you'll need. If it were me, i would put them in a bucket or rubbermaid container of some sort, running a filter or air pump with them. I have an inverter built in to my vehicle which would allow me to run either of them without any special considerations. If you dont, either buying an inverter or battery powered air pump would be a good idea. it all depends on how far of a journey you're going on too. i'm not familiar with that area up north, but i would imagine it would be a pretty long trip. jmo

Thanks Jonathan. I will look in the inverter. The journey will be 11 hours, but we will prob. break that in to two days. My oscars are the smallest 8 inches and biggest 10 inches.

yeah, you'll need a pretty decent sized container, especially for a trip so long. If you get an inverter, theyre not that expensive at auto parts stores, walmart, etc, you could run your filter, which imo, will be better for a long trip since you wont have to worry about ammonia levels like you would without one

Back
Top Bottom