Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-10-2014, 11:27 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
If one of those other fish is that red tailed shark seen in the first pic you're going to have issues.
I don't think so im pretty sure hes a bottom feeder and hes pretty docile and keeps to himself.. sorry about the iffy pics ill try and get some god ones

Old 03-10-2014, 11:29 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bichir Bro View Post
I can attempt to ID those other fish if you would like! Also Cory cats generally should be kept in tanks of the size 20 gallons and like to be In groups of their own kind. What are you feeding him? I feed mine a nice high quality pellet and flake like Omega One shrimp pellets, New Life Spectrum freshwater sinking pellets and an Omega One freshwater flake. Your food may be what's causing it and if it's a lower quality food like Tetra or Wardly or something that may be the problem. If that's the case get him on some nice high quality foods like Omega One, New Life Spectrum and Hikari! You could cut down on his feedings (and switch foods if necessary) and if he's still bloated try feeding him some de shelled peas.
I am currently feeding him the new life spectrum which is pretty good with fiber content but I think the aquarium place wasn't and that's what messed him up a little bit

Old 03-10-2014, 11:33 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb172635 View Post
I am currently feeding him the new life spectrum which is pretty good with fiber content but I think the aquarium place wasn't and that's what messed him up a little bit

That's often what messes up a lot of fish! Glad to see you're feeding him the good stuff and not the low quality icky bad stuff! I think he'll clear right up with just a lowered feeding rate
Old 03-10-2014, 11:37 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

thanks alot for the info and i got a couple of better pictures of the other fish if anyone can help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140310_233435.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	227175   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140310_233322.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	227176  

Old 03-10-2014, 11:39 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Zebra danio and a red tailed shark
Old 03-10-2014, 11:40 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
thanks alot for the info and i got a couple of better pictures of the other fish if anyone can help

Those pics are just fine. You have a red tail shark and a zebra danio! The zebra danios are active schooling fish that need 20+ gallons. Now I recommend either removing the red tail or upgrading your tank size as these get fairly large and extremely aggressive. Their aggression can be diluted with big tanks and tons of plants and territory however. When young they're very deceiving on their future personalities.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:41 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Regular

Old 03-10-2014, 11:46 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
also here is a video its easier to see all the fish and gives you a little insight on their behaviors which i think is currently pretty normal outside the killy
Final warning. Your shark will likely kill your whole tank when it starts getting older. Do with that information as you will.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:46 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Watch out because they are great jumpers. I have one male that pretty much dominates the top of the tank when it's comes to food, if it can fit In his mouth it could possibly be food. I've seen ghost shrimp eaten whole( took a while to get it down but he did) when he was two inches, but he's very peaceful and would never attack another fish.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:49 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
Final warning. Your shark will likely kill your whole tank when it starts getting older. Do with that information as you will.
ok thanks cynic your advice is taken and I will closely monitor him as time goes on

Tags
fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com