Need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shark22

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys I'm really tripping out about my tank..I started thinking it would be easy but have found it is a lil more than easy..what's a cycle?? How can I get nitrate or nitrite out of my thirty gallon tank..its been set up for about a month now and I think I have too many animals in it..4 guppys 3 angle fish 8 ghost shrimp and a beautiful dragon fish..I don't wanna get rid of any of them cause two of my angels are very rare and I love my 1 and a half foot dragon fish..am I over stalked? My water always cloudy and I've done treatments for that but its not getting better..I have a low nitrate and nitrite level but I don't want ANY in the tank..suggestions please

Uh. I don't have the link to the fish in cycling, I'm on mobile but someone will chime in with the link for sure.

I'd advise you do Many water changes, as many as possible to bring Ammonia and Nitrite down. Nitrates can be up to I'd say 40 ppm with no plants. So if you don't have a test kit yet, & I suggest the API Freshwater Master Test Kit, you have to do at least 2 50% water changes a day.( maybe more)
Prime is a great water conditioner, so that's something else to get.

As far as the fish, you will really need to get the dragon fish out of there, as soon as possible. See if your lfs will take him.

The angels and guppies are good, the angels might eat the shrimp but that comes down to the fish itself. You might have some problems as the angels mature/pair off though.

shark22 said:
Hey guys I'm really tripping out about my tank..I started thinking it would be easy but have found it is a lil more than easy..what's a cycle?? How can I get nitrate or nitrite out of my thirty gallon tank..its been set up for about a month now and I think I have too many animals in it..4 guppys 3 angle fish 8 ghost shrimp and a beautiful dragon fish..I don't wanna get rid of any of them cause two of my angels are very rare and I love my 1 and a half foot dragon fish..am I over stalked? My water always cloudy and I've done treatments for that but its not getting better..I have a low nitrate and nitrite level but I don't want ANY in the tank..suggestions please

Hello and welcome to AA.
Yes you are VERY overstocked. Please read these links. They will explain about cycling.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/artic...g-but-I-already-have-fish-What-now/Page2.html
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...guide-and-faq-to-fishless-cycling-148283.html
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/fish-in-cycling-step-over-into-the-dark-side-176446.html
The very first thing I suggest doing is a large water change on your tank using a decholinator. Do you have a test kit? If so what are you ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels?

Wrong forum. This forum is for admin contact and tech support. Moving this to the FW general discussion.

Back
Top Bottom