Need Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Udomchai

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just started a 55 gal. Freshwater tank. The glass was crystal clear. I added water and two days later the glass has a haze on it. It's not slimy, it's kind of rough, I clean it off with a scrub sponge and the next day it's back. I added Quick Start tonight, but no fish yet. Any ideas?

I just started a 55 gal. Freshwater tank. The glass was crystal clear. I added water and two days later the glass has a haze on it. It's not slimy, it's kind of rough, I clean it off with a scrub sponge and the next day it's back. I added Quick Start tonight, but no fish yet. Any ideas?

Lime scale you have hard water

Might be limescale or it might be something else. Is this well water? And what's the water's kH and GH?

Thanks, it is well water but I don't know the kH or GH, what is the fix for hard water?
Usually well water is filled with minerals and metals witch might be causing the hardness. And RO system will help or you could get distilled water.

You can fight it or go with the flow

I live in an area with very hard water and there are 2 options that you can try the first is a revers osmosis system they can be expensive and take a lot of maintenance or you can go with it, look into hard water fish like rift lake cichlids be sure to treat the water with a good treatment that removes metals

Back
Top Bottom