Need help asap with plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi I have anubias plants in my 10 gallon and the leaves seem to be rusting (slowly turning brown). I use flourish and they are just in regular aquarium gravel. I have 15 watts of lighting. The plants have been in the tank for about a week. What is happening and what can I do to help it thanks.

Here are some pics of the plants

image-1294852821.jpg

image-2048895108.jpg

image-3272341159.jpg

image-1715800566.jpg

I can't tell from the picture, how do you have it planted? I have heard with annubis you can plant the roots but not the rHizome.

The tank has been running for a year and a half but the plants have only been in it for a week. Temp is 80. Before addition of these plants tank was not planted.

What lights are you using? Are they good for your setup?

Hmm, that's pretty weird. I have read that this plant should not be planted in substrate. Here is the article I read. Anubias

I know you have to have the rhizome out of the substrate. IME I hve found many of my plant leaves die/melt after the first week then they regrow fine.

Diatom maybe. Algae usually a lighting and excess nutrient issue. Adjust accordingly. Also, you could just rub it off the leaves.

IME, Anubias do fine with Excel.

Brown stuff that rubs off and grows back... Diatoms. They will go away after a short time.

Back
Top Bottom