Need help cycling 25 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheeesymelon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 25 gallon 32" long tank that I've been "cycling" with a betta! I've had the betta in for 5 days and before I added him in, I put some like filter Bacteria boost in! I had the betta in a previous tank for 2 months with a fairly strong filter which was on lowest flow! The first 24 hours before I put my fish in (billy) I used my old filter as well as a new one I got with the tank! So it's been five days with the betta in and he is tiny compared to the whole tank so I want to add more fish! Could i add 3 platys and 4 endlers? Btw the tank that I had before was 4 gal and I used the water from that to partly fill up the tank! If I can't put those fish in, what fish can I put in before I add like a shoal of neons in a month? And also should I use the previous filter even though I haven't used it for 5 days?
Thanks! :)

Well, I'd give it another 5-8 days unless you can test the water. If the old filter has bee dried out for five days it is like toast from a bacteria stand point. Aged water doesn't do much for you cycling wise, objects like rocks plants and such from an established tank will help a lot.

When you get fish, start with the Endlers, wait a few days and add the platys. Give them a full month and 50% water changes weekly before adding the tetras.

Back
Top Bottom