Need help deciding on a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I looked at a similar light, but it was recommended that I not get it. A big reason was that it had a single reflector rather than individual reflectors for each bulb. However, they are still the same bulbs, same output, so for $90 it seems like a good gamble! I would consider rebulbing a couple with roseate bulbs, but that's just me.

Interesting. My acrylic 20g bows from the water weight and I HATE the distortion. Gives me a headache. But I suppose it's not as bad with glass.

Which one is more kid proof???? I have a 3 and 1 year old.
Dude the acrylic isnt supposed to bow lol thats why it looks bad.

I looked at a similar light, but it was recommended that I not get it. A big reason was that it had a single reflector rather than individual reflectors for each bulb. However, they are still the same bulbs, same output, so for $90 it seems like a good gamble! I would consider rebulbing a couple with roseate bulbs, but that's just me.

What kind of bulbs?

I spent about $240 for 2 fixtures, but you can get the 4 bulb fixture w/ timer and moonlight LEDs for about that price on Amazon

I meant just the bulbs because I plan to get the fixture I linked. It's max length is 40" and my tank is 39 1/2" across.

What filter to get?

Looking at Penn Plax Cascade 700 or Fluval 306. Thoughts? Heard canisters are better than HOB?

I meant just the bulbs because I plan to get the fixture I linked. It's max length is 40" and my tank is 39 1/2" across.

Sorry. I'm not sure of the cost for bulbs, but if you have a good LFS, they should have some in stock. May not be the same brand, but should be the same.

As for filters, be sure to measure if you get the 56. I had to modify my marineland penguin filter (the biggest one) to fit this (marineland) tank.

Back
Top Bottom