Need help faith water quality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco1415

Aquarium Advice FINatic
For the past few months the shell on my apple snail has been developing what looks like erosion. I've tried the cuddle fish bones and even a cream that suppose to help with shell issues but nothing has worked. I recently checked my water quality and it appears I have high ph and high alkalinity. Correct me if I'm wrong but could this be the reason my snail is having shell issues? My next question is how can I lower these?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433706649.245475.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Have you tested your water hardness (GH)? If it's too low, that would cause shell erosion. Placing a bag of crushed coral in your filter will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Have you tested your water hardness (GH)? If it's too low, that would cause shell erosion. Placing a bag of crushed coral in your filter will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The hardness is not low in fact I think it's really high. I will try the coral though

If you have high alkalinity and ph then skip the crushed coral its not gonna do anything for you.

Could you post a pic of the snail?

If you have high alkalinity and ph then skip the crushed coral its not gonna do anything for you.

Could you post a pic of the snail?

That assumes that the high pH is tied to high calcium concentration. That's usually the case, but not always.

Back
Top Bottom