Need help identifying a cory and a pleco.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cory needs some friends, but I want to make sure I get the same kind. I didn't know they needed to live in groups.

View attachment 76931

The LFS guy said this pleco would stay small, but if anyone can identify him and tell me if that's true, I'd love to know. This pic is fuzzy because I had to magnify it from a larger pic. If I can get a clearer one, I will, but this is the only one I have right now. Pleco pretty much stays hidden when the lights are on. He's brown with tan markings, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any bristles on his nose.

View attachment 76932
The cory looks like "trilianatus" to me. I know its not a Swartz cory because I have those. Hard to see the plec though.

I had a common plec once in a 10g tank- the plec that gets really big if they don't die in small tanks first. My son's girlfriend gave it to me-she was keeping it in a goldfish bowl! I kept it for a few weeks, fattened him up, and then gave it to the lfs that offered a bigger and better home for it. I really hated to see him go-his ugliness was rather endearing!

rreekers said:
I'm pretty sure different types of cories will hang out together and enjoy eachothers company

But if you can get a group of the same they may hang out more and may even breed for you. Different species sometimes like each other, sometimes shun each other. A group of same species is best bet if you can swing it IMHO.

Coursair said:
But if you can get a group of the same they may hang out more and may even breed for you. Different species sometimes like each other, sometimes shun each other. A group of same species is best bet if you can swing it IMHO.

I totally beloved that.. I was just saying if unable to figure out exactly what it is or find the same one at the OPs lfs

Back
Top Bottom