Need help identifying new fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookeb12

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello!
I have recently acquired 6 new fish from a friend who wanted to get rid of his tank. Unfortunately, his ex-wife was the fish keeper, so he has no idea what they are. I am also new to keeping a tank, so my knowledge is limited.
Two of the new additions are obviously black skirt tetras... another I think is a cory weitzmani... one I think is a ghost glass cat... and the last two likely platys??? The issue with the possible platys is that they are much smaller than my other platys, and I'm not sure if they have damage to their caudal fins or what- but they appear more tubular back there than normal fins.
Any help you can provide is appreciated! I am attaching pics that I snagged of the new platys(?) and the ghost fish. I couldn't keep my Buenos Aires tetras out of the pics. :)
Thank you!
Brooke

Attachments

• photo (13).JPG
    photo (13).JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 63
  • photo (14).JPG
    photo (14).JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 57
Clean water every day try Mela fix and Pimafix to help a secondary bacterial infection in my opinion tales very rarely grow back with that severe damage - that tail is gone
If it gets fuzzy unfortunately he's probably not going to make it - You do not want a columnaris outbreak in your tank
Flush him

Back
Top Bottom