Need help in determining what fish is the BULLY.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought AE were necessary. Now I see they are not, especially for how often I am changing water. I don't plan on adding anything else and definitely won't until I research. I have learned a hard way? But have learned. Hopefully problem is resolved with the CAE now gone. You have all been very kind and helpful. I appreciate each and everyone of your comments and input in helping me resolve this. I will let you know how things go, having hopefully resolved and removed the bully.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think most of us have learned the hard way on several occasions. Learning from your own AND others mistakes is valuable. Good luck with this. I know your daughter is young and may not appreciate all that you are doing for this tank and these fish, but hopefully she will understand that it, like many things in life, is a (positive) learning experience.

Fresh2o, thank you soo much. Your so right the best way to learn is though mistakes. Of course I feel silly now, with some of the fish I purchased but who knew. I was totally insulted on a different post I have. But it was just 1 person,again to be expected. I'm glad you see what I'm trying to accomplish and include my girl. She actually does appreciate it. She doesn't realize how much time I put into learning but she enjoys hearing about what I learn. Hopefully with everyone's help we have found the culprit. Will keep you all posted.

Well I'd be curious as to how a fish that's known to be aggressive and a shark that killed 10 of 14 tiger barbs would react, but I already have a BN pleco and I think the bottom would be a little full with a 3rd that tops out at 10 inches. I also want angels later.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok I could def see how that would really peak your curiosity. That is one aggressive. Shark you have. I would think the CAE would need to be comfortable.

Ok I could def see how that would really peak your curiosity. That is one aggressive. Shark you have. I would think the CAE would need to be comfortable.

He just doesn't take well too fish smaller than him, but he feeds peacefully with my kissing gourami and he's never bothered the pleco even when the pleco is in his territory.

Interesting. Only reason I would think the shark would win would be because he's familiar with his home and a stranger entering causes automatic defense, and the new guy the CAE may be shy at first. The woman who owns the private LFS said you can basically compare fish to people in many situations. Makes sense to me.

Interesting. Only reason I would think the shark would win would be because he's familiar with his home and a stranger entering causes automatic defense, and the new guy the CAE may be shy at first. The woman who owns the private LFS said you can basically compare fish to people in many situations. Makes sense to me.

I'm confident it would be peaceful minus the gourami, but like I said I want angels later.

Well it's been a couple weeks since I removed the CAE, and the only guppy deaths I've had are the tail fin getting sucked into the filter. A bummer, I now have a tight knitted mesh over it at most times. A bummer though.

Back
Top Bottom