Need help with 10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A school of 6 is a good starting point. As long as pH is stable, and you acclimate slowly, they should be fine.

O alright thanks well I do wanna do some neon Tera's but how many max fish should have in a 10 gallon tank

And georgia really but salt water fish are way nicer looking ha I can't wait to get a salt water

why do you think that you couldnt have 10 neons. i think the inch per gallon rule applies to a small schooling fish. even tho there is less then 10 gallons after decor and substrate i still think 10 would be fine.

I have a tank with 8 Harlequin rasboras, a betta, 2 otos, and in going to be getting shrimp in a few months. There are plenty of options for a 10 g. Neon tetras are definitely a good beginner fish. You could also put some sort of dwarf gourami in there too. I like using aqadvisor.com too to help me think of more options :p

BrackAttack said:
why wouldnt you think that you couldnt have 10 neons. i think the inch per gallon rule applies to a small schooling fish. even tho there is less then 10 gallons after decor and substrate i still think 10 would be fine.

an inch a gallon is the rule you stated here ( with is an inaccurate rule, since you can't keep a 10inch fish in a 10g tank) yet you said 10 neons would be OK.. but they get to over an inch long..

anyways I would suggest 6 or 7 neon tetras... you could consider adding 5-7 pygmyus cories also... do not add all at one time.. what type of filter do you have on the tank? if you add the cories I would suggest weekly water changes of 45-55% ... without the cories, I suggest weekly water changes of 40% be careful to not overfeed, which is very easy to do with small fish

an inch a gallon is the rule you stated here ( with is an inaccurate rule, since you can't keep a 10inch fish in a 10g tank) yet you said 10 neons would be OK.. but they get to over an inch long..

i said "i think applies to small schooling fish" not a 10 inch fish. there are times where the inch per gallon rule works. neons dont need much space to themselves they are schooling fish. they also have a small bioload.

O really ya you guys were naming some good ones but I don't ever see those for sale by me:(

By la like all the local fish stores don't have many options and you can from where

la as in Los Angeles? If so, check out Oranda at La Brea and Melrose, but my favorite LFS is Jim's Exotic Fish on Sepulveda.

Unless you meant Louisiana, which then this info is useless...

Back
Top Bottom