Need help with a sick bolivian ram!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mog

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

Sorry for posting in the wrong category, just hoping to get some quick advice before the little guy passes on...

I have 4 Bolivian Rams in a 75g with other fish... paramaters are: 77 degrees, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and 5 nitrates.

When I came home, I noticed him diving/sticking his nose into the substrate. At first, I thought he was going for a piece of food.. then he twirled a little while his nose was still pushed up against the substrate. He's been doing this for about an hour now and I don't know if there is anything I can do for him. I don't have a QT set up yet...

The rams have been in the tank since Easter day, so just about a month now... 1 seemed a little "shy" since day one... he stayed in the back of the tank, came out to join the others on occassion, but kept to himself for the most part. I can't tell if it's this one or not...

Anyone have any suggestions that I can try? I feel so bad for him and don't know what to do... I know BR's aren't the hardiest of fish, but I thought after a month, they would be okay...

He's just floating on the bottom, nose down... breathing like normal...
icon_sad.gif

Thanks in advance!

Mog

His stomach looks fine... I have been concerned about them not eating enough though... seems like they hardly eat while I'm watching... hardly pick on flakes...

Anyone? This morning he was still alive, seems to be breathing normal, just floating tail up along the substrate and bobbing his head down... I feel really bad for him but don't know what to do.

Back
Top Bottom