Need Help With Air Pump!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelfish1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,

I have 20 gallon freshwater aquarium with 3 fish, one angelfish and two mollies. I need to buy an airpump, but since this is my first aquarium I could use some advice!

How big of one do I need? What kind of air stone should I use? How often so they need to be changed?

And I would like a really quiet once since my aquarium is in my room.

Please provide any advice you can! I'd really appreciate any help from you guys! Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What makes you think you need an air pump? They aren't necessary at all tbh.

As for other things, you might run into issues with your choice of fish. The mollies get a bit too big and are recommended for a 30g minimum.

I just wanna make sure they are getting enough oxygen. Is there a way to tell if they aren't?

They are shortfin Mollie's, so hopefully they don't get more than 3in. But I'll keep any eye on that

If you want a good reliable quiet airpump go to petsmart and get a Top Fin 20. Those are very quiet compared to all the brands ive used and I have used like 5 brands of pumps.. Its strong and lasts a long time. Don't get the 10g version.. while the ratings 10-20-30-40 are deceiving... the 10g version is too small and makes more noise then the bigger ones

I'm just using the top fin filter that the aquarium came with

Back
Top Bottom