Need help with Bumble Bee Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prettywolf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a Bumble Bee Goby who is blind in one eye and is a slow eater and I don't think he could make it in the 150 gallon aquarium. I would keep him in the 10 gallon that he is in but the 10 gallon belongs to the family I live with and since we have the 150 now they say that they only want one tank up and the other has to come down so I have no idea what to do about Bumblebee. What should I do and do you have any advise for me? I really don't want to give him away.

What are his tank mates ? Do you know for a fact that he can't make it in the 150 gal . ?

Even though you do not want to re-home him , if you do not think he will get enough food to live , if his tank mates are incompatible with him , then you may have no other choice . It's either that or he slowly starves to death or be picked on and nipped at till he dies of stress . Do not take this as I am jumping on you , but you really need to put the fish's need above your own feelings . I know it's hard giving away/re-homing a fish that you love , but if it needs to be done then it needs to be done .

I actually think that would probably be best to re-home him but its just I don't know anyone who would take him. None of my friends or family member actually keep aquariums now. I just don't know how to go about finding someone who can take him.

put an ad on craigslist. It might be hard to find many people with brackish tanks, but im sure somebody has one. If you're willing to ship, im sure there are a couple people on here who would take it

Back
Top Bottom