Need help with choosing compatible fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cinnastix911

Aquarium Advice Freak
The LFS I bought my paroon shark (yes I know, BIG) is under new ownership and has agreed to buy him back after checking his health out. I will miss the big oaf despite his consumption of more fish than I can count (lost track after 23) but I can finally start a community tank up again. He's is a gorgeous fish and if I had a very large tank I would keep him with no problem or regrets but I just don't have a 1000 gallon tank around the house for when he matures. Anyways...

The survivors of the Reign of Yallow; 3 giant danios, 4 kuhli loaches, 1 pictus cat. I would like snails but I don't know what ones leave plants alone (as I am typing this Yallow is herding my danios- funny fish) and I would like some fish that are colorful and school or are large and will help fill out my tank without getting too big. I don't have a huge selection here in town- Petco is terrible, Wal-mart is a little better and I shake my head at some of the fish my new LFS sells. Nothing like a tank full of 2" iridescents and 'cute' pacus :)

If anyone has suggestions that would be spifftacular. Thanks again

Cady

theotheragentm said:
Check out http://applesnail.net/. The picture on the front is also called a Mystery Snail, available in PetCo and PetSmart. Those will stay away from plants,

Yeah, but make sure you buy "pomacea bridgesii" variety. This isn't hard to do since 99% of these guys I've ever seen for sale are bridgesii. But double-check anyway, just to be sure.

strawtarget said:
theotheragentm said:
Check out http://applesnail.net/. The picture on the front is also called a Mystery Snail, available in PetCo and PetSmart. Those will stay away from plants,

Yeah, but make sure you buy "pomacea bridgesii" variety. This isn't hard to do since 99% of these guys I've ever seen for sale are bridgesii. But double-check anyway, just to be sure.

More accurately, you want to make sure its not "Pomacea canaliculata". Others Pomacea are fine, even if not bridgesii. Of course finding them is another story. Depending on where you live you might be able to get "Pomacea paludosa" which are nice as well. However based on your profile you are about as far away as you can get inside the US from where they are. :lol:

Lol! Klamath Falls is the boonies of America. The next "city" is 100 miles away. Anyways. I will definatley check out those snails. Amd I would like to add 1 more giant danio to the victims list. So I know I need more danios so they nip at each other instead of everyone else, but what other fish would work good with all my little guys? Should I get another pictus too? I was reading that they like a buddy or two to hang out with. My Kuhlis kinda ditched him for the onion plants.

I was looking at that web page and the yellows look pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom