Need help with fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackdoherty1990

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Fresh water tropical tank

Hello I'm new to this forum so I don't really know if I'm in the right place to get the advice I need. Basically I have a fish tank already and last night on a night out I found two goldfish left at a bus stop. So I took them home and thought I'd put them into my tank. They seemed fine at first but I have two clown loaches in there already amongst a few other smaller fish and the clown loach seem to be pecking a bit at the gold fish.. To be safe I've now got the goldfish in a separator until I can decide what to do. Is there any way I can integrate them safely or will I have to take them to a pet shop? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Jack.

Not knowing the size of your tank and a listing of the other inhabitants, that might be hard to answer.
Personally, I would try to find a new home for them (pet store, etc).

Plus 1

Since you already have clown loaches add in gold fish and you'll need a pretty big tank.

It's a 50 gallon tank, the clown loach and gold fish are quite small. So do you think I'll be unable to integrate? Is there no methods in trying to do so?

Would clown loach actually eat gold fish? There's smaller fish in the tank and they have no trouble with them. Just find it strange that the clown loach are pecking at them as they are usually peaceful.

Clown loaches imo should be in group at least three. You would need a tank bigger than a 90. Add in goldfish plus whatever tetras. You are way over stocked.

Gold fish are not tropical the others are. Not a good idea imo

Ok thanks for the advice! I'll take them to the pet shop after the new year [emoji1303]

Regular Goldfish do best in ponds. Fancies do best in either heated ponds or tanks with about 20g per fish and big filtration. They are cool water fish and warm water has less oxygen so not good for them long term.

GF get big FAST also.

Glad to here they are going to pet store.

My mates dad has got a really nice pond with plenty other gold fish already so I'm going to be taking them there instead [emoji1303]

Back
Top Bottom