need help with gourami's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can gourami's go along with angelfish? What kinds are your favorites? Also in the tank there will be creamsicle mollies, black & white lyretail mollies and ADF's, and 2 clown loaches. I haven't had any experience with gourami's so need all the help I can get. For the 15 gal I am planning on a tetra tank, neons, the serpae's, and maybe some lemons. 20 gal haven't quite made up my mind yet, still doing research, I have 3 platies for there and will need to decide what else to put in there. Gourami's have peaked my interest for the 29 gal.

When I have kept the two together I had no problems at all. I have kept angels with Dwarfs,Gold, And Blue Gouramis. It should be fine but every fish is differnt :roll: you never know?
Good Luck

i recommend you only get 1 gourami.
If you get more than 1 - you run the risk of having 2 males which will fight.
actually, even females and males fight.

so just get 1 gourami

yes angels and gourami's are compatible !!

Bubble_B0y said:
you run the risk of having 2 males which will fight.
actually, even females and males fight.
Females and females may fight as well. :wink:

All of these gourami are beautiful Toirtis and bubbleboy. I bet they aren't easy to find. The lfs here have pretty basic non colorful gourami's. I may just have to wait until my brother in law opens up the petsmart here. :bulb:

Zagz said:
All of these gourami are beautiful Toirtis and bubbleboy. I bet they aren't easy to find.

Piece of cake, really....several shops in Calgary currently have them, including the wholesaler I bag fish at (I think we have about 30).

I have a female and a male dwarf blue neon, there quite beutiful to watch, and there mildy entertaining too, how they arch there back and such.

Back
Top Bottom