Need Help with Guppy Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imtcurveball

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had a 10 gal tank sitting around and I decided I was going to put it to use. So I put about 3 gallons from my cichlid tank and the rest tap water so that it would have a head start with cycling. After 2 days i went out and bought some fancy guppies from petsmart. (3 female and 2 males) and all the females are pregnant and look very close to having their babies. Ive never taken care of fry before so any advice will help. Tell me anything and everything you know about caring for guppy fry.

They are easy to care for. Take some normal flake food and powder it up and thats what they'll eat. Be sure to have lots of hiding spaces for the babies because other fish and the frys parents will gobble them up. Also make sure you have a filter that wont suck the babies up.

Ok thank you. Does anyone know how long it takes them to grow to about a half inch...

it depends on how much you feed them and your tank size. If the tank is to small then the guppy fry will release stress hormones into the water that stunt growth. If you feed them to little they will grow slower as well. So if you have a spacious tank and feed them proper food they should grow fairly fast.

I have platy fry at the moment and have been feeding them powdered flake twice a day and they are thriving :D

Back
Top Bottom