Need help with hood and bulb selection.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

germanyt

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm currently using this.

img_2463239_0_3a78bf8833bf357a2d0089c06dfd9eb2.jpg

My plants are doing okay but I feel like they could be doing better. That and the hood it starting to warp from the heat. I'm looking to get a new hood and bulb for as little money as possible and preferably from Petco or Petsmart so I can just drive there and pick it up. I hate waiting for stuff online. I've done some looking and I def want a 6-7000 K bulb but everythign I find it listed as a 20" assembly. My 10 gallon is just shy of 19.5 to fit inside the lip of the trim. I refuse to use one that hangs over the edges. Any lighting experts want to help out? Are all 20" assemblies actually 19.4'ish?

Scratch the hood and get a glass top. Marineland and Aqueon makes them, and they can be found at your local big box fish store. I think Walmart stocks them as well.

For lighting, find a good LED system. I have a Marineland Double Bright system on one of my tanks and it works just fine with low-light plants.

David

Scratch the hood and get a glass top. Marineland and Aqueon makes them, and they can be found at your local big box fish store. I think Walmart stocks them as well.

For lighting, find a good LED system. I have a Marineland Double Bright system on one of my tanks and it works just fine with low-light plants.

David

I've actually been searchin for a couple hours online. Was thinking of ordering this and getting a strip light.

Perfecto Glass Canopy - 20 in. x 10 in.

BTW what K are LEDs? Or do they differ? My 55 gallon has LEDs.

Also, my local Walmarts carry almost nothing. Some betta bowls, some conditioner, and some food. They have a few decorations, a vac, and some nets but that's it. WalMarts here are really dog heavy.

BTW what K are LEDs? Or do they differ? My 55 gallon has LEDs.
Every manufacturer will have different specifications. On my Marineland Double Bright, it has several LEDs at 6000K and a few of the moonlights.

Look for higher PAR values when looking into LED lights.

David

Every manufacturer will have different specifications. On my Marineland Double Bright, it has several LEDs at 6000K and a few of the moonlights.

Look for higher PAR values when looking into LED lights.

David

Well, I'm not spending LED money on my 10 gallon. My 55 has LEDs but I have no idea the specs on them. It's a 55 gallon Top Fin LED starter kit.

Just need a 30-50 dollar replacement with a 6700K bulb for my 19.4 inch 10 gallon tank.

Back
Top Bottom