Need help with panther crab!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lung Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am thinking about getting a panther crab for my 45 gallon community.
I have heard that if the crabs are well fed, they will not hunt fish.I was wondering if i could add a Panther Crab to my stock list.Here is my current list of fish...

1 Black Ghost Knife (2 inches), 2 sun catfish (1.5 inches) 2 striped peacock eels (4-5 inches), cory 1# (1.50 inches), cory 2# (1 inch), 1 banjo catfish (2-3 inches), 1 yoyo loach (1.50 inches) , 1 african clawed frog (1 inch) , 1 ghost shrimp (1.5 inches), 1 upside down catfish (1-1.50 inches), 1 random syno (1.50 inches), 1 silver dollar tetra (3 inches), 1 kuhli loach (2 inches), 1 BN pleco (2-3 inches), 1 glass catfish (1.50 inches), 1 pepper loach (1-2 inches) and a dragon goby (6-7 inches).

What i would LIKE to add:1 featherfin squeaker, 1 ropefish and a spotted raphael cat

The filter is rated for a 75 gallon tank.

These fish are all in one tank? The 45? If so I really wouldn't add anything more...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

There are a ton of stocking issues here.

1. Black Ghost Knife - These grow HUGE and need a 125g tank to thrive. They are also timid eaters and need less hyperactive tank mates.
  2. Sun Catfish - These also grow enormous and will eventually eat its tank mates.
  3. Cory Cats - These need to be kept in a shoal of 6+ and are small enough to be eaten by the other fish you have in the tank.
  4. Yoyo Loach - These need to be kept in a shoal of 3+
  5. Silver Dollar Tetra - These need to be kept in a school of 5+ and get too large for your tank.
  6. Kuhli Loach - These need to be kept in a shoal of 6+
  7. Peppered loach - These need ot be kept in a shoal of 4+
  8. Dragon Goby - Already big enough or will soon be big enough to eat its tank mates. These are also a brackish water fish.
  9. Glass Cats - Need to be kept in a group of 5+
  10. African Clawed Frog - Will eat the fish. They don't belong in a fish tank.

I punched your fish into this handy tool. I suggest you take a look at it. Try to pay particular attention to the red text.

AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

As to the question of adding more fish, absolutely not. I would seriously advise that you look into rehoming the overwhelming majority of your fish and doing some research before restocking.

This has to be a troll???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm questioning it. There is seriously a TON of such different kinds of fish.. To the OP original question I wouldn't even add anything else

40 gallon
1x leopard ctenopoma
1x albino bichir
1x tiger pleco
With live plants in the tank

75 gallon native tank
5 pumpkin seed sunfish
1 red crayfish
1 spotted bass

Sadly I don't think it is. Just a person who doesn't research at all before getting any fish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Sadly I don't think it is. Just a person who doesn't research at all before getting any fish.

But even if I had no clue what any of these fish were I would start wondering if I was getting to my limit

40 gallon
1x leopard ctenopoma
1x albino bichir
1x tiger pleco
With live plants in the tank

75 gallon native tank
5 pumpkin seed sunfish
1 red crayfish
1 spotted bass

I have plans for each of these guys, i have a 55 gallon tank i can use when some of the fish grow out, the black ghost knife is going in a 100 gallon, and i USED to have 3x yoyo loaches (skinny disease), and with the kuhli, ich, they are all VERY healthy and eat frozen bloodworms. I have not experienced any problems (cloudy water, diseases ECT).And, also, i do have a VERY secure lid.

Based on what you have, you should follow what Mebbid said.

Based on this stock, previous stocking suggestions for others, and future plans for this tank, there's no question about it.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Based on what you have, you should follow what Mebbid said.

Based on this stock, previous stocking suggestions for others, and future plans for this tank, there's no question about it.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Agreed. It may also be beneficial to stop going to the pet store for awhile until you get whatever plans you have for these guys set in motion. Like the goby will be needing brackish water and that 55 gallon soon, so you might as well just move him over. Let these fish grow up and be sure all your plans for them are going to work out before adding more chaos to the mix.

Back
Top Bottom