Need input for first nano, 3gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herp_mommy

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I picked up a 3gal eclipse system at a yard sale for $5. Since I'm a student, I was thinking about turning it into a dorm tank. I had a 10gal in my dorm last year, but it was a hassle and took up too much desk space. I'd like to start the 3gal up soon, so it's relatively established by next semester. The smallest tank I've done before is a 5gal, but I like the whole eclipse "system" thing. Any ideas/ input would be appreciated, but here's what I have so far in my mind:

black substrate
slate pieces
live plants- java moss and java fern, regular and lace, maybe a couple dwarf crypts, maybe Brazilian pennywort, maybe a marimo ball
three cherry shrimp
a couple scarlet badis

I'd like to have the java moss carpet most of the slate peices and use the ferns to fill in the back corners. I might paint the back of the tank black too. Would the two scarlet badis be pushing it? I was originally just going to have the cherry shrimp, but then I found a website with "nano" fish and the badis look too amazing to pass up.

I think you will be fine with 2 scarlet badis. Sounds like you have a solid plan as well.

Back
Top Bottom