Need little in put

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bear5800

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have three oscar in a90gallon tank just put a fluval 405 on it should I leave the hang on filter on the back or can I take it straight off ? or do I got to let the bacterial build up in the fluval first . Help please I dont know what to do

if the HOB is the only filter you had on it before then yes. usually people leave on the previous filter for around 2 weeks so the other filter can build up bacteria

Thank you for the help i just reply to a guy on craiglist for a rena xp4 he want 165.00 for it can I put both on my tank to help my fish

yes;)

what do you mean help your fish? are they sick or something?
good luck:) I'd offer the guy $140......bc don't they sell new for $200?

exaclty^
i thought $200

i would start with around $100-$115............especially if used. if new, i'd do $150 MAX.......

No they arent sick . Just with flow and keeping my tank running right and about the rena xp4 I thought that price was to much if I can get it for 140.00 would that be a good filter to put on with my fluval

Thank you for the help with this im new to this im glad there are people to help me out

yeah;) we are supposed to help:D

ummm, but for the secondary filter, $140 is still way too much.........i've seen those go used on forums and CL for $90-$120.......sometimes only even used for only 2 months. I'd do $120 MAX:) start low though

Can you tell me what site you seen them on for 90 to 120 I like those number better

Thanks do you know if they are going to stop selling them because petsmart here In Norfolk va dont sell them no more

Back
Top Bottom