Need opinions on water chemistry levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Aquaforce

Aquarium Advice Freak
Afe to add fishs yet?? If so whats the most i can add at one time? I have like 13 corys - 3 black fin tetras - 3 red tetras - 3 lamp eye tetras - one pelco and one reserved at my LFSin an established tank 1483248215626.jpg

wonder how large tank is? any live plants? thats a lot of fish will need established bacteria or live plants to safeguard system. Ammonia looks like its lower so thats good.

wonder how large tank is? any live plants? thats a lot of fish will need established bacteria or live plants to safeguard system. Ammonia looks like its lower so thats good.
Its a 55 gallon tank and lots of live plants, looking at other plants i can get into there as well. 1483260741194.jpg

Sure, add a few fish at a time and see how tests look per day.
i think your aquarium ia aetup to succeed and be stable.

Sure, add a few fish at a time and see how tests look per day.
i think your aquarium ia aetup to succeed and be stable.
Thank you thank you thank you for the advice!! Will add some fishes when i get home after work tonight, btw happy new year!!! [emoji39] [emoji39]

Holy nitrItes!!!
I am not sure about the other guy here ,but I don't think there is one other person who understands the nitrogen cycle who would say you are good!
You should NOT add fish,as your nitrites are sky high and more dangerous then ammonia...
It appears you are cycling fishless?
I would wait till your cycle completes and you have 0 ammonia AND 0 nitrites...

Holy nitrItes!!!
I am not sure about the other guy here ,but I don't think there is one other person who understands the nitrogen cycle who would say you are good!
You should NOT add fish,as your nitrites are sky high and more dangerous then ammonia...
Gotcha gotcha thanks for saying something!! And yes i am doing a fishless cycle.

Your live plants will have those nitrates knocked down in no time. Dont sweat it.

If need be, add some floating live plants to speed up nitrogen uptake if you want.

Your live plants will have those nitrates knocked down in no time. Dont sweat it.

If need be, add some floating live plants to speed up nitrogen uptake if you want.

So then you think it is ok to add fish to cycling tank with high nitrites???
You need to take into account that this poster may be a beginner.
How do you justify giving such incorrect information?

HUGE difference between nitrItes and nitrAtes.

Mr. Auaaforce, please don't add fish yet. You've been patient so far. Keep up the good work.

MEEP! LOL i love you guys! Ive been having dobuts about adding fish as my gut just screams no and my brian just keeps saying better safe than sorry.

Look up and study the nitrate cycle also when you add fish test your water daily or every other day and write down water parameters so you can Gauge when to add more fish or what else you need to add filters more fish etc also study the bio load some fish have huge bio loads others not so much

Look up and study the nitrate cycle also when you add fish test your water daily or every other day and write down water parameters so you can Gauge when to add more fish or what else you need to add filters more fish etc also study the bio load some fish have huge bio loads others not so much
I do have another filter on the way sine the one niw us rated at only 184 gph, so once i get that i can just use the new filters eh?

Your plants will help control all types of nitrogens, including ammonia and nitrIte. But the fact that you have nitrite means no fish.
And before you add fish, do a 1 day ammonia test.
Dose your tank to between 1-4ppm ammonia and wait 24 hrs. If ammonia and nitrite are both 0 then you're good to go.
The advantage to ammonia cycling is it creates a very healthy BB colony allowing a more aggressive fish stocking regime (more fish right away).

Holy nitrItes!!!
+1 exactly what I was going to say

Wait another week or so, nitrItes should be @ 0, your nitrAtes should be kept 20 or below but the plants will help with that. Add fish a few at a time and let things settle for a bit before adding more.

Back
Top Bottom