need prime for RO?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irish.OG87

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm gradually switching my tank over to RO, 10g per pwc. But usually when I do a pwc using tap water I use prime..i think im right in I don't need a container for RO because there are no harmful metal etc..correct?

That's right. RO doesn't need prime added to it. But, if it's for freshwater you may need to add minerals back to the RO water by either mixing it with some tap water or using a product like Seachem equilibrium. Pure RO water is essentially a solvent.

That's right. RO doesn't need prime added to it. But, if it's for freshwater you may need to add minerals back to the RO water by either mixing it with some tap water or using a product like Seachem equilibrium. Pure RO water is essentially a solvent.

I get my water from lfs, and they add acid buffer and equilibrium...they call it "plant water"

Irish.OG87 said:
I get my water from lfs, and they add acid buffer and equilibrium...they call it "plant water"

I've never heard of using acid buffer in RO water but equilibrium is a solid product. As long as it's working and everything is healthy there are few rules in what's right and wrong other than getting the results you want out of your system. Still, for the sake of curiosity, could you ask the people at the LFS why they use acid buffer? I'm certain it's something I don't understand, but would like to.

Back
Top Bottom