Need really quick help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samzter

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was doing a pwc and I switched off my filter. When I went to switch it back on it's not working?! What do you think it could be!

I was doing a pwc and I switched off my filter. When I went to switch it back on it's not working?! What do you think it could be!

1. Check make sure you didnt trip any fuses.
2. What kind of filter do you have? Does it need primed or water in it?
3. Try plugging it into another outlite

Shoei said:
1. Check make sure you didnt trip any fuses.
2. What kind of filter do you have? Does it need primed or water in it?
3. Try plugging it into another outlite

I've checked the fuses , tried another socket and is a fluval 306. Someone is coming round to check the fuse inside the plug of the filter

What kind if filter is it? Sometimes impellers will get stuck and just need to be helped along to start spinning again.

*edit*
Saw it's a 306 sorry

Dumb question, but are you sure you primed it? Mine is kind of tough to prime because my tank and stand are so tall.

Is it making any noise at all or just not turning on whatsoever? You might try taking it apart, cleaning out the impeller housing, and re-seating the impeller.

*edit* ninja'd

severum mama said:
Dumb question, but are you sure you primed it? Mine is kind of tough to prime because my tank and stand are so tall.

Is it making any noise at all or just not turning on whatsoever? You might try taking it apart, cleaning out the impeller housing, and re-seating the impeller.

*edit* ninja'd

Right I have cleaned the pads , their holders the holes where the flow comes out of , and these carbon things. Yes I have primed it.

Hopefully it didn't kick up too much sand during the PWC and that could get in there and burn up the motor.

I went to the shop and they tested it, and said that it messed up the whole thing. I got a new one , moving the pads from the old one into it.

Back
Top Bottom