Need salt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea the reason I asked was because I have a small angelfish and 5 black neons wasn't wanting to hurt them with the salt, thanks for all the replies so fast very helpful. Also am getting some Cory's. will they be ok with the salt

Aquarium Fish and Salt

Yea the reason I asked was because I have a small angelfish and 5 black neons wasn't wanting to hurt them with the salt, thanks for all the replies so fast very helpful. Also am getting some Cory's. will they be ok with the salt

Hello again The...

Keep the salt dose to around a teaspoon in every 5 gallons of treated tap water and your fish and plants will be fine. Salt is a general health additive that's been used in freshwater tanks for decades. It's actually a buffer for those water keepers who get a little lazy performing water changes. Salt will detoxify nitrites and has a calming affect on fish, easing the breathing process by stimulating the sensitive gill tissue.

Change large amounts of tank water and do it frequently. Add a bit of salt to the new water and your fish and plants will take care of themselves.

B

Back
Top Bottom