Need some advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkbait54

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok first I really wanted a EBJD so my lfs had them on sale for 30$ cause they were small. I added him to my 125g with other cichlids they were twice his size. Needless to say they didn't like him.

So he's in my 54g and seems happy. I really wanna grow him out and put him back in the 125g.

My question is can he live in the 54g without killing any body or are they not that aggressive???

Current stock

2xAngels
1xgolden gourami
1xRanbow shark
4xcorydoras
2xbolivian rams
And the EBJD he's maybe 3"

My only other choice would be to take him back :(
Any experience with these guys will be helpful.

It's probably going to depend on the individual fish. I had a pre-adult JD in a 55 with an Oscar years ago, and the JD kicked the living crap out of him (at 1/4 of the Oscars size). On the other hand, people have had them get along just fine with various other fish. You should probably just be observant and keep an eye on him. Would a tank divider be an option in the 125 if he gets aggressive with your 54 cohabitants?

After some observation he's gettkng aggressive toward my rummies I guess I'll return him before he has a snack :( so pretty!!!!

Actually I decided to keep him after further observation he's not doing that bad.

Well see how this goes / sigh

I'll post a pic tomorrow so you can see his size.

Back
Top Bottom