Need some help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well it was Busch Light. Dont know if it is or not..

Have an empty can, or the box around? Look on it. It should say somewhere about how the beer was fermented or what not. I'm by no means a beer expert, but I bet if you looked, you could find it.

I just figured out form some online searching that it is pasteurized. So... thats a good thing hopefully?

would the scenario be somewhat similar to DIY CO2 solutions being sucked into the tank by backsuction?
if this has happened to people with such setups, maybe they can offer some help...

ok it is pasteurized. There are some bottled and canned beers on the market that are not. This is a lot better as you basically have to do a lot of water changes.

Well as of 2 AM last night everyone was alive and kicking and I woke up this morning and there werent many survivors. I changed the water 50% again today and it just keeps getting cloudier and cloudier, I cant even see the plants on the back wall of the tank now. The survivors as of now are 2 white clouds, 2 rasboras, 2 dwarf frogs, and 1 julii cat. The tetras, blue rams, glass cats did not make it... :(

So sorry to here about fish loss.

Maybe a cover if you didn't have one would keep this from happening again.

wiz ... sorry to hear about the loss. You really should get some filter with carbon in it to help you out. I can almost guarentee that you are having another cycle right now.

Yeah I think the tank is cycling again now from all the water changes and stress and what not. The water got slightly clearer over the day today, and tomorrow I think I will do one more partial change and then let it sit for at least a week and see how it does. The survivors seem ok, and the julii is actually more active now than he was before so I think they will live to see another day.

ive never dumped alchol in a tank and have no helpful advice on that one, but i DEFINITELY suggest scratching the bar/tank idea...is it really worth the effort and loss of fish????

Yeah all the roomates building the bar are going to have to think about if we are going to do it or not, I know that I cant go through the same experience again, its too sad. On the positive side, the tank has completely cleared up to crystal clear water, and the surviving 5 fish and 2 frogs are active and healthy. The only thing is there is some built up crud around the water edges that I need to clean up when I do another water change. Also some algae is starting to build on the glass and I will need to get somebody to clean that up. I had an algae eater guy that worked well before, but if I could find a cool looking pleco that would be cool too. Any suggestions on ones that are fairly small? I know that at my LFS there is one that is huge, like a foot long. I dont want any fish that are going to get that big...

Back
Top Bottom