Need some ideas..for cycling 25 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JnJ040310

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 25 gallon tank in the process of cycling. I'm looking for ideas of what kind of fish and how many I can have in my tank. I like tetras and corys what kind of fish would go well with them? I know I still have time to think about it, ideas please :)

~jeni

maybe get a few kuhli loaches? they are really cool i think. or a few platys, guppies, or a few swordtails. they all add alot of color. go on aqadvisor.com it helps with stocking. hope i helped :)

A dwarf gourami would work, maybe a dwarf cichlid or two but they can have issues with corys. Cherry barbs are pretty and peaceful.

kathleen55 said:
maybe get a few kuhli loaches? they are really cool i think. or a few platys, guppies, or a few swordtails. they all add alot of color. go on aqadvisor.com it helps with stocking. hope i helped :)

IME aqadvisor is not very accurate and more funny than useful. Swordtails and platies produce a LoT of waste IME I like putting them in 30 gallons, preferably 40.

So do you think a few guppies tetras and corys will be good together? Another question if I have more than one kind of tetra would that be okay??? Thank you for advice :)

More than one type of tetra is fine, they can even school together IME. Cories are good as well, however guppies can be a problem if you get males and females, but maybe your tetras and cories will take care of the babies, if you know what I mean. ;)

I was asking what kind of fish work well together I was thinking tetras, corys/or glass cat fish, guppies/or gobies... It's a 25 gallon tank in the process of cycling almost there.. Just some ideas :)

Started adding to my tank :) columbian tetras and an albino rainbow shark :) I love them

Attachments

• image-3869908079.jpg
    image-3869908079.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 71
  • image-1068191523.jpg
    image-1068191523.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 70
  • image-3306057088.jpg
    image-3306057088.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 80
Unfortunately your tank is too small for an albino rainbow shark, they need at least 55 gallons. They get to 6 inches and are very active so they need a 4 foot tank. I would suggest refining it/returning it. And posting your planned stocking on this site before purchasing fish to avoid this problem. :)

Back
Top Bottom