Need some Light advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCoolFish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok guys I'm stuck with a decision: I have a 55g cichlid tank (48x12x24). I want a new LED light on it instead of my 6 bulb fluorescent (4 moon leds) AuquaticLife. I'm totally fine with the AuquaticLife I would just like a LED light for many reasons:
1. They are cheaper to run :D
2. You don't have to change the bulbs as much which links to saving money
3. The light on my tank is really for a reef tank which I don't have.
4. At the time I set my tank up LEDs where very expensive and were limited on options

Now as much as I want an LED I do not know any goods types of LED lights. So this is what I need:
1. Doesn't not have to be a powerful light because I have few plants and it is a cichlid tank
2. I will NOT spend over $300 and I would like to stay in the range of $75-200
3. I would like it to be programmable and have three light functions. (Whites/blues/moon leds) I can live with just whites and moon leds but programming is a most for me. (With few exceptions)

All comments will be taken into consideration.

I'm sorry if this is not in the correct section.

I recently bought Marineland LED lights from Foster and Smith thru their online site. I love the lights! They have programmable lights but I didn't want that. Mine have white and blue lights. I love the blue lights on the tank in the evening, looks really nice. I got mine on sale. Watch their site for sales. If you spend $49.00 or more you get free shipping.

Look up the current satellite+. They came out with the new version, the pro+ so the regular + models are pretty cheap now. All kinds of customizable colors and settings, comes with a remote.

http://www.amazon.com/Current-USA-Satellite-Freshwater-Aquarium/dp/B00C7OTF9E

$120 for your size. You can YouTube the different settings, I love mine. Complete control over any color you want and you can make your own colors and save them.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have the Current USA Satellite Freshwater LEDs on both of my main tanks and they look beautiful! I don't really mess with the thunderstorm setting and the other preprogrammed lighting effects but it's great to customize how much light you want them getting throughout the day by clicking a button on the remote!

Back
Top Bottom