Need some quick help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco1415

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am in the middle of transferring fish from an old tank to a new tank. In my 20 gallon long I have a couple plecos. I know the 2 stay smaller but I was wondering if I should move this one pleco too my 55 gallon. I have know idea what kind it is so I need someone to tell me if I should move it to my 29 g or my 55g. Here are some photos of the pleco. There kind of Crapy but you can make out the fish.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394829295.332763.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394829331.980237.jpg

I'm not entirely sure but looks a bit like a female bristlenose.

In the 1st picture which fish are we lookin at? The one on the glass or the one on the bottom of tank? If it's the one on the bottom of the tank it looks like a standard black common pleco.

Yeah looks like a bristlenose to me. Just saw them today at my lfs and was thinking of getting one. From what I've been told they require at least 30 gallons

In the 1st picture which fish are we lookin at? The one on the glass or the one on the bottom of tank? If it's the one on the bottom of the tank it looks like a standard black common pleco.

We are looking at the sucker fish not the spotted one. I thought it was a common pleco but everyone else seems to think its a female bristle nose pleco.

It is a common pleco which will grow to around 12 inches, I have 3 female bristlenose and they do not look like yours.

I can tell by the elongated snout, the markings and the eyes.

A bristlenose is brownish with white distinct spots or circles, their eyes are tiny and barely visible and the have a short rounded snout.

By the way you have a great looking spotted Raphael catfish...I never see mine because it is always hiding, even at night.

It is a common pleco which will grow to around 12 inches, I have 3 female bristlenose and they do not look like yours.

I can tell by the elongated snout, the markings and the eyes.

A bristlenose is brownish with white distinct spots or circles, their eyes are tiny and barely visible and the have a short rounded snout.

By the way you have a great looking spotted Raphael catfish...I never see mine because it is always hiding, even at night.

I have now moved the fish to there new tanks. I put the common pleco in the 55 g, Raphael spotted catfish in the 40g and the albino bristle nose in the 29 g. Btw how long does it take for the common pleco to get big. I saved it from an Asian market 3 years ago and it has never changed size. The tank it was in was really small and dirty and that why I bought it. I hope it's growth is not stunted, it would be awesome if it got big.

I am seeing a nice spotted catfish or a common pleco. Not a bristle nose! I suppose I could be way off though

Does anyone know how to post videos in threads? I would like to post a video of the pleco in his new tank but I don't know how. I'm using an iPad but I'm not sure if it's different for each device.

Back
Top Bottom