Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-13-2015, 12:53 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Ah. Sounds like you've got it planned oot well, eh?

Fishperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:19 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishperson View Post
Ah. Sounds like you've got it planned oot well, eh?
hope so, this drift wood can be a pain and I knew with how large this piece was it was going to give me some trouble.

CleverBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 09:25 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBs View Post
that is why I am buying really large Amazon swords and things like that for the plants. a 18" tall 5" wide amazon sword isnt going to get uprooted by a 3" geophagus haha.

I had the tank about 2" from being full and it proved to much for the piece on the far left and it floated up. So I drained the tank so that I can fix it. I had screwed a hdpe cutting board to the bottom of the driftwood in hopes that the sand would hold it down so I am going to put a couple of big heavy flat rocks on it this time and cover them in sand so they dont show this should fix the problem.
You'd be surprised at how persistent the little buggers can be lol. I have 3 smallish amazons, that don't seem to be transitioning so well, so I may have to bite the bullet and spend 50 bucks on this huge mother plant because my geo fry aren't growing fast enough for a trade lol. My hope was to get a nice healthy root system quick, but it may not be in the cards for these plants.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:31 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
You'd be surprised at how persistent the little buggers can be lol. I have 3 smallish amazons, that don't seem to be transitioning so well, so I may have to bite the bullet and spend 50 bucks on this huge mother plant because my geo fry aren't growing fast enough for a trade lol. My hope was to get a nice healthy root system quick, but it may not be in the cards for these plants.
Yeah thats why I am getting mother plants lol because I know how annoying geos can be. What kind of geo fry do you have?
CleverBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:33 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBs View Post
Yeah thats why I am getting mother plants lol because I know how annoying geos can be. What kind of geo fry do you have?
Steindachneri

Tags
cap, ick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com