need some serious help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm anti-chemical too, when I can help it. That's why I liked the natural (although it doesn't look/smell natural...), low dose method. Seems to work well.
I wouldn't move anything. You really need to just treat the tank. If the fish is infected, you'll just have two tanks to have to treat when the parasite drops off into your lovely new tank. Also, google the lifecycle of ick. It gives you a better idea of how to treat when you know what you're treating. :)
Congrats on the new tank! Keep that extra filter running if you have the room in your main tank. That way you'll always have a spare filter ready to go on your QT. gotta love insta-cycle!

Well, the tank temp came down to about 82.3-.4 over night.

gonna dose again when i get home, hopefully i don't have any losses while i'm at work :(

i'll keep you posted though.

thanks again

I'm late to this thread. But I've always had excellent results using Aquarisol to combat ich, even with sensitive species. I've had ghost shrimp survive it, plecos too. Cheap and easy.

Aw, I'm sorry about your fish. :(

Hopefully though, once you have a treatment system down, if/when you see it again it won't be so big and scary. And you'll be able to get through it with a minimum of trouble and no losses.

Better now... but I lost all but one of my clowb loaches(4 died), one of my beautiful angels, 2 baby angels, 2 pictus catfish and 1 small red eye tetra...

Everyone looks fine... the last loach had ich buts pretty much gone. Im still treating the tank for the stuff in the gravel but I think the worst is over.

Sad day with all the loses :(

Better now... but I lost all but one of my clowb loaches(4 died), one of my beautiful angels, 2 baby angels, 2 pictus catfish and 1 small red eye tetra...

Everyone looks fine... the last loach had ich buts pretty much gone. Im still treating the tank for the stuff in the gravel but I think the worst is over.

Aw, sorry to hear it, but I'm glad it's getting better.
One of my tanks has just come down with in the last couple days, and I'm having a hard time with their treatment. Made me wonder how yours was going.

Ha. That was from me. :)

If it was the natural one, it was probably ich attack, which is what I'm using too. That one shouldn't stain blue.

My god thats alot sorry dude

Ohhh lol well thanks crash, it worked pretty well... gonna buy one more bottle tomorrow and treat till its gone then turn the temp back down and back to business as usual.

Yea it is a lot and thank you for your condolences, but to be quite honest I WAS overstocked and didnt know what to do, not to say im happy about it cause im really not. But I was gonna take a few of the fish to my lfs for trade in/store credit but then they got ich so basically one way or the other they were gonna go id just hoped it would've been to a loving home and not this way out :(

I truly loved my loaches, they would all come running when my hand entered the tank cause they know that meant dinner time. They will be sorely missed :(

Out of curiosity, what temp did you end up going with?
I'd previously said 82 on this thread, and have had success with before, but in my other thread about my ich problem, I was told 82 isn't enough to kill them but actually helps them to breed.
Just wondering... This time, 82 hasn't seemed to help my outbreak.

Back
Top Bottom