need something interesting for my 2gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mumrah

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just moved my 2gal hex from my house to my office.

What is a good fish to keep in a 2gal. Besides a betta, goldfish, or guppies.
This tank will be a natural (low-tech) planted, so i'd need something with a low bioload.

Any ideas? Are there any african cichlids that would be happy in a 2gal?

thanks,
David

I personally feel there isn't any fish that would fit in a 2 gallon. It's too hard for a small tank like that to stay stable, even for a betta.

How about 2 ADF's?

I personally would put one male guppy and 2 African Dwarf frog. One would be better, but they would be more active with 2.

If you do partial water changes twice a week, I think you will be fine.

Is this the same tank in your sig? If its not, I'd suggest you get a pair of guppies or 2 females. I've kept three males by themselves and they aren't as active when they're with females...IME.

I wouldn't say that at all. Males alone are fairly active.

The rule of thumb for guppies is 2 females to every male, to reduce the stress on the females. I personally would feel that 3 guppies in a 2 gallon is really pushing it, besides, they would have no room to swim.

how about a amano shrimp???

I have a two gallon with a male betta but he is going up...lol.. started in a half gallon went to a gallon and now is in a two gallon..

meaning they die every year :cry:

id say 3 guppies of different genders would be pushjing it because of the babies. i cant think of anything besides a betta?

and if your going to buy this why not just get a 10 gallon? those lil 2 gallons and stuff are expensive

how about you be a slob for a few days and the bigger fish tank will keep you psyked?

Back
Top Bottom