Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-08-2014, 01:09 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Need stocking advice

I have a 20 gallon and a 10 gallon tank, and I just ordered (after researching quite a bit) 5 forktail blue eyed rainbows, 4 lamp eye killies, and a Cockatoo apisto.

What is in my tanks currently:

20 gallon--3 female betta, 1 otto, 1 male guppy. All get along fine.
10 gallon--1 Honey Gourami, 1 endler
, no problems here either.

From what I've read so far, the fork tail rainbows would be best with the gourami and that lamp eyes would be best with the bettas and Cockatoo apisto.

My biggest question is, is the 10 gallon too small for 5 forktails? That is the biggest concern I have. But if I put them with the bettas, won't they stress out the bettas because they are quick moving fish? Are lamp eyes slower moving than forktails? I can't find an answer to that online. I want to take the least chances on fighting, but I also want all the fish to have enough room to be able to thrive. Thank you! I do have a 55 gallon lightly stocked tank I can put any "trouble makers" into if I have to.

Tags
advice, stock, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com