Need stocking suggestions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua315

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone! I'm in the process of stocking my 28g bowfront. Currently I have 8 neon tetras and 3 nerite snails. Eventually I want to add 2 dwarf cichlids (either GBR's of cockatoo apistos). Problem is, I'm having trouble deciding what else to add.

At first, I wanted to add a school of 8 rummy nose tetras but my mom said she didn't want those because "they're just like the neons, only a different color! I don't want all tetras!" So here I am at a loss as to what else I can add. I know dwarf cichlids can be a bit aggressive with bottom dwellers so I'm staying away from those, but there are so many other options I feel a bit overwhelmed.

I've been trying to get my mom to go the LFS with me so she can pick out some fish she likes but she says it's my tank so I should decided and then shoots down all my suggestions!:banghead: Unfortunately, the tank is in the living room, so she does have a say in what goes in there but she's driving me crazy! I need some help finding some fish she'll like!

Cherry barbs, harlequin rasboras, glowlight danios (NOT the same as glofish), glofish, smaller dwarf rainbows....the list could go on forever. Since there's not a lot of agression in that tank how about-if you can find them-a small school of sparkling gouramis? The reason I say school is because in person they are tiny and I have seen them at teh LFS and they school.

Consider some peaceful barbs like cherryBarbs, Gold Barbs or one of my favorites Black Ruby Barbs ... they are the same size (about 2.5inch) and similar stripe patterns as TigerBarbs ... but more peaceful. The males body turn a great black color while the head a red. You could do a school of about 6.

hmm... barbs sound interesting. I think I'll see what she thinks. Still hoping to get her to come with me to the LFS.

Back
Top Bottom