Need suggestions on what fish to get!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So that would mean you'd have a school of six neons, one blue gourami, and some sort of cichlid of your preference. You could probably squeeze in another small school of fish or just add to your school of neons.

So I'd only be able to get 1 cichlid?

You should just stuck to one kind. Maybe if you had like a sixty you could get pairs of different ones but for now jus choose the one that you like the most.

You should just stuck to one kind. Maybe if you had like a sixty you could get pairs of different ones but for now jus choose the one that you like the most.
ok now to do some window shopping and decide what I like best! I'll probably end up with 2-3 cichlids and maybe a school of 8 neons instead of just 6, and the 1 gourami. If I decide to stick with just 6 neons, what other small school could I fit in? I also wanted to add a snail.

get a pair not a trio the female thats not with the male at the time will get killed. and id do 8 neons and the gourami and leave out the other school.

allaboutfish said:
get a pair not a trio the female thats not with the male at the time will get killed. and id do 8 neons and the gourami and leave out the other school.

+1 allaboutfish
Leave out the other school. With eight neons plus the gourami and the cichlids I think you should be good.

Thanks so much! I feel a lot better now that I know what I'm going to be doing. I'll probably get the 6 neons next week and then wait a little bit before getting the cichlids and the snail.

oh and one more thing wait a while if your getting the german blue ram (like a month atleast) bc theyre sensitive but the bolivian or apistos will be alright.

Oh!!!!! Wait! Another dwarf Cichlid you could get would be a Pair of kribensis! They are one of my fav. I like apistos though too.

Back
Top Bottom