Need suggestions quick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just keep the water as clean as possible. With ich, you want to do gravel vacs every 2-3 days to remove the ich spore from the substrate.

Heck yeah, I'd want someone to tuck the covers up to my neck and bring me tea every hour. :D

You could do a couple of different things. You could move the gourami to the 4g. Empty the QT he/she was in and clean it with a 1:19 ratio of bleach:water. You could even go higher with the ratio if you want. Rinse everything down really good. Rinse it out the best you can, then fill it up and double dose it with decholorinator. That will sterilize the QT for the fish you want to pick up this weekend.

Another option would be to goto walmart or some place and buy a square/rectangle tupperware container. I bought a 23g container for less than $10 a while ago. I can hang a HOB filter on the back of it and run a heater. I notched holes in the lid for power cords and the intake/outtake of the HOB.

Just keep a close eye on him. Sometimes ich gets much worse before it gets better. If you caught it early enough, he should recover quickly.

There's no set time frame, Shane. It's different with every fish. With the natural treatment, usually 2 weeks. I can't guarantee he will make it with no issues, however, catching ich early is a key factor.

It depends on how far along in the lifecycle the ich was at. You want to keep the temps up for 2 weeks after the last white spots disappear. That is why I was suggesting ways to free up your QT or buy a new QT.

Watch some TV. ;) Nothing else you can really do. You gotta wait for it to ride out. It is out of your hands now.

Back
Top Bottom