NEED sum aquarium advice plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

datkidkevin

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok i got an empty 10 gallon tank that i got to cycle...but i want to know any aggressive fish i can put in there that would eat feeder fish let me know whats out there

nothing to my knowledge that would stay small enough for a 10g tank... not to say there arent aggressive fish that can stay small enough for a 10g, but none that will eat feeders

suitable for a 10g? depends really on what you consider aggressive... shell dwelling cichlids can be quite aggressive towards other colonies, male bettas are aggressive to other males as well as females, dwarf gouramis can be aggressive, puffers can be aggressive.

that eat feeder fish..im thinking ID shark or Oscar its not going to b in that tank for ever anyway

I personally wouldn't put either of those in a 10g unless it was for a quarantine period of like 2 weeks max. Both would out grow a 10g in a matter of months, so its best to start them off in a larger tank.

I can't think of anything that would live in a 10g comfortably and eat feeder fish. Feeder fish from the store carry alot of diseases and aren't really the healthiest foods for fish anyways.

please dont put either of them in a 10g... that would be a very irresponsible thing to do, especially considering that one oscar alone needs a 55g, preferrably 75g tank.

not really look at a bala shark when u buy them usuly ther abour 2in long so they should be able to live in a 2gal tank but the fish would kill itself in that lil of tank that and a 10gal tank is norm 20long and 10 wide that means a 10in fish could not turn around and would be half the length of the tank. i try not to have fish more than 20% of any of the mesuments of the tank

Back
Top Bottom