Need Tank set up recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lampro

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here’s a 7 gallon planted tank. I am just wondering what fish should I add in there? I want to add more plants in some of the spots on the rocks and maybe dwarf hair grass or carpet plants on the bottom of the tank. Any suggestions?
I am using JCP full spectrum RGB lights and they are great for plants and fish!

https://amzn.to/2XGmoSD

Attachments

• IMG_2244.jpg
    IMG_2244.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2188.jpg
    IMG_2188.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 58
7 gallons dosen't give you a lot of options. Maybe do shrimp or a snail tank instead of fish. A single betta of course is always an option. You might be able to do some ember tetras. A Scarlet badis or a pea puffer would work.
I've heard that dwarf chain sword is an easy carpeting plant. It looks similar to hairgrass without as much fuss.

7 gallons dosen't give you a lot of options. Maybe do shrimp or a snail tank instead of fish. A single betta of course is always an option. You might be able to do some ember tetras. A Scarlet badis or a pea puffer would work.
I've heard that dwarf chain sword is an easy carpeting plant. It looks similar to hairgrass without as much fuss.

Yea I have a male guppy atm but it would be really nice if I can add pea puffer in the tank. Is it possible to feed them pellets?
Yea I guess I don't need to trim dwarf chain sword right?

Pea puffers don't really mix with other fish, especially ones with long flowing tails. I also think they only really eat frozen/live foods.
Dwarf chain sword stays fairly short as far as I know. I'm looking to get some for my tank.

Pea puffers don't really mix with other fish, especially ones with long flowing tails. I also think they only really eat frozen/live foods.
Dwarf chain sword stays fairly short as far as I know. I'm looking to get some for my tank.
Dwarf chain sword seems to be a rare plants. I hope I can find them locally. I am adding carpet plants into this tank or my new 10 gallon tank that I am still working on.
I have a small update. I just added Anubis nana on the left rock's gap but the anubias is really long. Is it ok for me to trim out all the longer roots?

Attachments

• IMG_2299.jpg
    IMG_2299.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 42
I wouldn't trim any roots. Anubias has a habit of attaching itself to the nearest objects, just give it time and the roots with find a place to stick.

I wouldn't trim any roots. Anubias has a habit of attaching itself to the nearest objects, just give it time and the roots with find a place to stick.
Ok I guess I will leave the anubias roots alone...
Another small tank update so I added AR in the middle which I think is good and plentiful and I added helferi on the right but I think I will fill up the entire right side with later on.
I got the AR from tropica and it is my first time getting tropica container plants and they are really healthy I am quite surprised!

I am not sure why I my moss have some hair algae on it So I will out all the moss and now it only has a thin layer of moss on the rock.

I will be adding a pea puffer in the tank since I have so many tiny snail in that tank. I think the puffer will create a perfect ecosystem.

Attachments

• IMG_2369.jpg
    IMG_2369.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 34
Ok but don't be surprised if the puffer rips your guppys fins to shreds. They aren't exactly community fish.

Ok but don't be surprised if the puffer rips your guppys fins to shreds. They aren't exactly community fish.

I will keep an eye on them. I will update on the tank as soon as I get a nice picture of the tank! I just added the puffer and red floaters today and I am very satisfied with it! I got a good deal on Black Friday! :)

Back
Top Bottom