Need ten gallon stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OblivionGamer92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So the only fish I have in my ten gallon tank are 2 cories, a Molly that is maybe a month or so old, and a betta I am planning on returning soon. So I was wondering what fish should I get after I return the betta? I don't want to get more Molly's after my last batch because all of them died except for the one I have now

Red eye tetra if you like to watch your aquarium always in movement. At least 5 of them.

Mollies do better in larger tanks IMO. They actually can get rather large for a tank that size in the long run. I suggest re-homing the molly as well. There are lots of really cool fish that can thrive in 10g tanks.
There are ember tetras, chili rasbora, dwarf spotted rasbora, green neons, emerald mircorasbora, least killifsh, pygmy killifish, clown killifish, jellybean tetras, otocinclus, scarlet badis, pygmy sunfish, sparkling gouramis, croaking gourami, dwarf gourami, Endler's livebearers, guppies, Asian stone catfish, and platies to name a few. :)
What kind of cories do you have?

A molly will outgrow a ten gallon i think, but look at my signature for ideas but instead of danios, get some kind of tetra, about 5 of them. but you will ned a 20 gallon filter to keep up with all the fish i have, so you might not want as many as me.

I have a pretty good filter so I think I'm good there. And I know mollies aren't very good for a ten gallon that's why I don't want to get more. But I can't move the young mollyi have so he'll just have to stay for now

A Group of Zebra Danios about 5, 5 Neon Tetras or Rummynose Tetras, 4 or 5 Guppies and 2 or 3 Corydoras

Perfect Setup

I'm considering a dwarf gourami, but I don't know much about them so can I get some tips? Will it get along with my other fish, mainly the molly?

As far as the dg goes, it depends. They can be territorial, so can mollies. So, honestly it may or may not work. It would totally depend on the individual personalities of the fish. It certainly has a chance to work, but mollies in 10g tend to get nippier than usual. Of course, it would probably be fine as long while the molly is still young. Sorry thats a bit vague.

I just got the gourami today, and so far it is pretty docile. And the Molly I have has been extremely peaceful and well trained, so as long as it grows up with other peaceful fish I'm sure it will be fine

I know it doesn't always work that way I was just referring to the Molly because from what I've seen in the couple months it's been alive it's one of the most peaceful fish I've owned, so I'm hopin that doesn't change. And so far the gourami is still docile, and seems almost timid as it gets used to its surroundings

Back
Top Bottom