Need to remove fish from tank - what to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Floyd R Turbo

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a couple of 2" barbs that are lust a little too big for my 55 community. I transferred 17 guppy fry from my overcrowded 10g fry tank and they showed me just how efficient they are at eating - 2 down in no time.

So I bagged them and they're floating. The question is, what can I do with them until I find them a home? Will they survive in a bucket or something with water pulled from the tank and changed out once a day? I know they will suffocate in the bag, so I need to do something now until I can get rid of them.

Do you have something like a rubbermaid tub? You'd probably want to heat it too if possible.

Unfortunately I seem late, but they won't last long in a bag - maybe hours - at least that's my understanding. Hope your fish are still alive!

What I did was put a 1g ziplock in the tank and rolled it over the edge and used a couple of binder clips to keep it in place, filled it completely and left the top propped open. Going on a day now and still fine. Changed out the water once. I may have found a taker on Craigslist, but going to LFS tomorrow if not...

Thanks for advice all!

Back
Top Bottom